.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

What is it about the season?

I must confess I've always had problems with Christmas except when I was real young. You know...good cheer, the world changing at least for a few days, giving spirit that stays at least thru January 1. Maybe I've expected too much. As I got older with no children that feeling intensified. Thing is I still want 'good will to men' and I hope it'll happen. Maybe that's good enough.

Then when I get to feeling this way I remember my Dad and how he loved family, God, Christmas, whatever. He had a love of life that I've always envied...and respected. Maybe I just get moody during the holidays.

Geez, that was a downer. Don't know why that came out now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home