.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Pot and Conservatives

I agree with Michelle Malkin.

I've supported decriminalization of pot for decades (evil Repub that I am) as well as certain other presently illegal drugs. I'm pro-choice after all.

Colorado's present experiment will show the benefits of this support. BUT I also knew and know there would be and will be downside that were and are easily foreseen. I'm not naive nor an idiot nor a lifelong member of the Choom Gang, so I can still apply logic. So I'm sure the present controls will eventually break down, especially after a few law suits that challenge this moderate approach as too restrictive. (While at the same time I'm sure tobacco will be further banished.)

I can only hope that the benefits will outweigh the known and unknown negatives.

"Our stash included ten pre-rolled joints, a “vape pen,” and two containers of cheddar-cheese-flavored marijuana crackers (they were out of brownies). So far, just one cracker a day is yielding health benefits. Carole is eating better than she has in three months. For us, there’s no greater joy than sharing the simple pleasure of gathering in the kitchen for a meal, with Grandma Carole at the head of the table.
Do I worry about the negative costs, abuses, and cultural consequences of unbridled recreational pot use? Of course I do. But when you get past all the “Rocky Mountain High” jokes and look past all the cable-news caricatures, the legalized marijuana entrepreneurs here in my adopted home state are just like any other entrepreneurs: securing capital, paying taxes, complying with a thicket of regulations, taking risks, and providing goods and services that ordinary people want and need. Including our grateful family."

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/374221/my-trip-pot-shop-michelle-malkin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home